? ??????????????Fiber Optic Water? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 1495 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Defiance of Science? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??8 Grabs Today. 2287 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Road trip

On May 14th me , mom and the boys took off on a road trip to TX and OK. It was along two days drive to Paris , TX but the boys did great !
We went for my Papa's 90th Birthday . It was more a family reunion . I was happy to show Lucas that he does have cousins . And happy to see cousins I had not seen in a while .
One of my Mom's friends from Farmington came down for the party . It was great to see her too . We decided to go up to Oklahoma City with her after the party . We had a blast ! She lives on 10 acres in the country . Wow ... talk about relaxing ! The boys went fishing and played with the dogs and goats .I loved going out and watching Eagles fly over every morning . I could really get used to life there !
Rob did not get to go with us because of his job . With the big lay offs that took place , they are VERY short handed so no vacation time right now . We sure missed him ! we had a great time but sure is good to be back home with Rob !

2 comments:

Carleen said...

Ok, now I understand why you were in Texas. :) Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Melody and my Aunt Nola live there, I would never go to Texas again. I'm too old to deal gracefully with the narrow-minded and bigoted mindset that seems to dominate the state.

Aren't road trips the bomb? I love, love, love 'em! In fact, I'll probably be doing another one sometime this summer. It's time to head to Florida (another place I'm not overly fond of, but that's mostly because of the humidity and palmetto bugs) for a visit with two of my mom's sister who live there.

I'm glad to hear that Rob wasn't part of the big layoff you wrote about a while back. It must be terribly stressful for both of you. Are things starting to look up in your area?

Carleen said...

Hey, cuz, where'd you disappear to? Three weeks is a long time with no posting! I hope that all is well in your neck of the woods.

There's a tag for you over on my blog. I hope that you'll play along!