? ??????????????Fiber Optic Water? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 1495 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Defiance of Science? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??8 Grabs Today. 2287 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 22, 2007

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Valentines Day has came and gone . I hate that Hoilday . Why , you may ask , well growing up , I was like Charlie Brown . The Valentine Box seemed to always be empty . I would sit in classes at school , waiting for a candy Gram or flowers to come my way . But they never did . It seemed like everyone else would get numberous ones but never did one come my way .
Thus , the same as a grown up at work . Flowers would come for all the other women , but not me . I never understood way. I am not an " Ugly Betty ". It took years ( 32) before all would change .

I had gave up on love and thought I would be alone forever . Then the first part of July , 2002, in walked the cutest guy , with the most beautiful blue-green eyes I had ever seen. The Pastor of the church I was attending came in for a hair cut ,from me . He had brought his friend in from Florida . He was in trying out for music minister at our church and the Pastor wanted us to meet . I never believed in love at first sight but guess what..... it happened !!
He left the next week . I did not know if he would be back . But, he came back and took the job as a music minister . We became good friends and went out all the time ( we took my friends with us )

I was very scared of getting hurt , because I had been very hurt in the past . So , I played hard to get for a while . Then I opened my eyes and saw he really loved me !
Long story short .. we married on Dec, 14 2002 .

Valentines Day finally was good to me . This year was the best so far and it has not stopped ! The week-end before , we had a banquet at church . I won for best dressed ! Then he gave me flowers , candy , a bear , perfume , and a card on Valentines Day . Last week he took me to a Resort in Tucson and then bought me a new wedding band ! And then got up in front of the church and told everyone how we met and how much he loves me!!!

Love is real . For those feeling like it is not , don't give up , your day will come too!

3 comments:

depjbrothers said...

You were not the only one who did not get those Candygrams in school...I was always waiting for them too...But you know, it always seems to be that love finds you when you are not looking for it. That's when I met my husband, and we've been married for 16-1/2 years now. I am so glad that you found your love and it sounds like you have a wonderful life! You were always such a sweet girl and you deserve to have a nice family -Congrats...

Your old friend,
Jessica (Newhoff) Brothers
j-brothers@sbcglobal.net

flaredblond said...

Wow , it sure is good to hear from you!

Erica Hanks said...

Remember black arm bands on Valentines day? I'm still not a huge fan of the day, even now.

I'm so glad you found you knight in shining armor! There were way too many frogs along the way!