? ??????????????Fiber Optic Water? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 1495 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Defiance of Science? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??8 Grabs Today. 2287 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Living with a child with ADHD

My oldest son , Lucas has been told by the Dr that he has , ADHD . I am going to share with you all what it is like to have a child with this problem . I have wished for a support group in my area , but have yet to find one . So, by writing this , it may come to help others .
Lucas was born 6 weeks early , March 12 , 2004 . We were living in Mississippi at the time . The Drs there seem to not care about their patients , As you will read about in this Blog .
I had a very hard time in my pregnancy . I threw up the whole time . Had high blood pressure ( that was not helped with ) and prego diabetes ( not informed of until 8 months of pregnancy ) . I also had a very bad kidney infection and gave meds that were 10 times the dose that should have been given ! Thank God , i am a RX tech and picked up on this and did not ask them , but went back to my DR and showed her this . She them put me on the right meds .
A week before Lucas was born , I had a DR appointment . We talked that I would need a c-section because my bones on my hips were very weak and could break if I had a natural child birth .
The next week , I began to bleed . It was time for another check-up that day , so I went in . They put me in the hospital because I was dialed to 4 ! No pain was ever felt . I asked the Dr if she would do c- section , as we had talked about , SHE REFUSED !
I was in labor for 19 hours . I never had any pain , but felt I better get an epidural at dilating of 7 . The Dr made me push for 3 and 1/2 hours . During this time I began to throw up blood ( and a lot of it ) . Lucas' heart dropped and so did mine . Finally , an ER c-section was to take place.
He was born with problems of breathing and had to me rushed to the Children's Miracle Hospital in Alabama . Let me tell you something , there is nothing as hard as having your new born taking away from you by strangers , Never get to hold him before they take him away !
He was in there for a week . It was three days bdfore I even saw him or held him ! My husband took good care of him those three days .
The reason I go back this far with this story , is because they believe , his birth may have had a reason for him having ADHD .
I will continue on with this tomorrow .

1 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

Wow! Kayden's birth was SO similar and my pregnancy was also punctuated with problem after problem. We have been told that kayden's cerebal palsey was probably caused by problems with his birth. It makes me so angry! I have a hard time trusting dr's since!