? ??????????????Fiber Optic Water? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 1495 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Defiance of Science? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??8 Grabs Today. 2287 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 21, 2008

Perfect Timing

Rob's work is having a pre-Thanksgiving lunch today . SO , Rob decided to make Baklava and have me make corn . We ran to Basha'a to pick up the supplies , knowing time was running thin . ( It takes 24 hours for Baklava to set right )
We got home , put up everything and popped a frozen pizza in the oven to cook , while we put the Baklava together .When I put the pizza in , I saw a flicker of light in the oven . I thought it was just a reflection of light from the ceiling fan . We continued to put the candy together .
I pulled out the pizza after 25 minutes . Then in went the Baklava . Again I saw a light . I told rob and he said it should be alright . However , it did not take long until smoke began to fill the kitchen . We turned off the oven and got the smoke out . I called my neighbor and finished the cooking at her house .
You guessed it , my stove bit the dust ! Perfect right before Thanksgiving . It looks like we will be going shopping tonight for a new stove .

3 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

You and I have the crappiest luck ever! I'm going to have to try and Craigslist a washer tomorrow. After this stupid garage sale. I am so tired!!

Carleen said...

Well, now, you could always look at this as the perfect excuse to have Thanksgiving in a restaurant where you (1) don't have to cook anything, (2) don't have to clean up the mess afterwards, and (3) have someone to serve you instead of the other way around! ;)

With an Egyptian husband, sweets like baklava are a staple at my house. Do you make it with honey syrup like they do in Greece and Turkey, or do you use sugar syrup like they do in the Middle East and Iran? How come it takes 24 hours for it to set up? We cut and eat it warm sometimes with no problems.

flaredblond said...

It looks like Thanksgiving at Mom's house .
I think Rob just likes to make me wait LOL .He does it the greek way ) with honey . Greek food is my Fav , :) Got hooked on it in Florida .