? ??????????????Fiber Optic Water? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 1495 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Defiance of Science? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??8 Grabs Today. 2287 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Numb

The winds of change are upon me . My Dad has been sick with Emphysema for about 10 years now. And now the final stages are kicking in . This is very hard and probably harder on me because I am an only child . The only way I can truly vent is here on my blog .It is too hard to talk about . yes , I have my husband but it is hard for him to talk about it too .

A couple of weeks ago Mom had to rush Dad to Tucson , V A hospital . He was having strange blood pressure readings . Very low and then spiking High . Breathing not good too . The Dr were afraid he had phenomena . ( Thank God he did not ) He stayed there for 4 days .

During all this my Mom is becoming someone I do not know . Very hateful and saying things that cut to the bone . I am sure it is the stress of everything but it still hurts.

Dad told me that at this point , he does not go to the hospital to get better but to help cope . He is ready to go . He is just waiting . They say that he could go at any time . But he does not want me to know that the Dr's have said this .

I know all are appointed a time to die but his is hard .Mainly the treatment from them . I will be glad when this is all over . I know that sounds bad but I am tried of seeing him go through this .
What does emphysema do ? Well , it is a slow suffocating death . You have no energy . It becomes hard to walk , talk , eat , go to the bathroom and bath . All takes too much energy . You end up on oxygen 24 / 7 and most of the time in bed . Most die from heart failure or coughing and chocking to death , then some go in their sleep . It is not a pretty thing . So , if you smoke .... think twice . Do you want to end up like this ? Not only is it hard on you but think of your family .

2 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

Ohhh...I'm so sorry. Call me...I'm a good listner.

480-325-8733

Erica Hanks said...

Here's some good news for you...

Tuesday, April 8...Phoenix

BON JOVI!!!!

Yes...we must get tickets as soon as they go on sale. Not on sale yet, but soon. WOO HOO!

I just found out that we traumatized my cousin that drove us to the concert oh so many years ago. I had dinner last night with his aunt and grandma and they said he came right home and told them and was freaking out. Heh, heh, heh...he totally deserves it! LOL He's so ornery!!