? ??????????????Fiber Optic Water? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 1495 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Defiance of Science? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??8 Grabs Today. 2287 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, February 02, 2009

What To Do ?

Many people do not know what all I have to deal with ,having a child with ADHD . It is not only him being hyper but there are ALOT of meltdowns . I am wanting to crawl in a a cave and hide out right now . It seems Lucas is having a major meltdown everyday latey . Today has been one of the worst . I have got a major cold . But I thought I would go ahead and clean up his room . At first he thought that was great . Then ..... He got mad about it . Started sceaming , that he wanted it to be dirty . I just kept on cleaning . I had to walk out and check on Jeremy . I came back in to find that Lucas had dumped all his toys and books in the middle of the floor ! I am sooooo ticked ! I gave him time out and told him to clean it all up . All I can do is cry . I hate this !! I just wish he was normal !
And now he just came to my room , smiling and said " I am not feeling well " . He does not understand that what he did was wrong ! Or he does not care ! It seems that nothing is working . He has every kind of test done . He is on meds and have tried different ones . I just have to press on and deal with this . And remember " I can do all things that Christ strenghens me "

4 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

How frustrating! I am so sorry! Sometimes, I have to lock myself in my room for a mommy "time out".

Are you planning on anything fun for your birthday? Can you believe we are one year away from....40??? AAAGGGHHHH!!!

Carleen said...

Sorry to hear about the rotten day you've had. I can't even begin to imagine having the patience to deal with that.

A friend whose son had ADHD as a kid put him on a special diet that her doctor recommended and although I don't know all the specifics of it because it was years ago, I do remember that they removed anything with a red dye or food coloring in it because that seems to trigger the meltdowns. Maybe Lucas' doctor will know something about it. Can't hurt to ask, especially if it will make the meltdowns fewer and further between.

Happy birthday, too, before I forget!

Carleen said...

Oh, and another thought. . .

Has Lucas been tested/observed to see if he is on the Autism spectrum? Autism also triggers frequent meltdowns and tantrums.

flaredblond said...

he had a test done last summer. The DR. said he has OCD and ADHD . The OCD could be what is triggering it too. Fun ... a douple whamy .